Friday, July 2, 2010

A Very Merry Blog Birthday, to me!





Today the Whimsical Cottage wipes the sleep of a newborn blog from its eyes and turns a mature 1 year old. Time flies when you're rambling with your friends.

When I started this blog last July, I was worried about not being able to find like minded folks or anyone who wanted to read about my pagan path, mundane ramblings or art. Insecurity has a way of making thoughts like that appear and stick in your head. My first few followers came over from Mrs. B's and while some have petered off into the internet ether (if you're still there lurking, say hi every now and then! I miss you) others have stayed the course with me while I figured this blog thing out.

Other lovely folks have joined me since then and I've met more than a few kindred pagan souls, made friends with a few artists and have had a ball getting to know each and every one of you. Know that whether you are a follower new or old, your stopping for a story or a peek at a photo or three here at the Cottage means a lot to me. I read and enjoy every single comment that I get.

It's been a wild year, filled with changes, adventures and creation. I'd like to share some of my favorite things I've posted over the past year to celebrate on this Blog Birthday of mine.

A Leap of Faith
A Visit to Sleepy Hollow
Our First Year
A Spell Bottle
A Visit tot Fairy Tale Forest
A New York City Christmas
Reflections on a Decade
Shaking things up
Asbury Park at Dawn

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! How time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and keep on for years more:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fast the time flies... and it only took me a whole year to find you! You have a lovely blog and I'm looking forward to browsing through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and Happy Happy Bloggie Birthday dear one. Yeppers, lots has happened in your young life this year. Lots of character building, stretching and refining work done on you and yours. But like gold after refinement, just look how much more you sparkle now. Congrats to a dear friend. says The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bloggie Birthday! I am a new reader but I have already fallen in love with your blog. Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog birthday! As someone who only recently discovered this wonderful space I'm going to make a point browsing those posts when I get a chance later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haaaappy birrrrrrthday to yoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!(that was me singing):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday from a baby blogland friend! I am enjoying getting to know you through this wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Happy blogger bday! ^-^ I can't wait to see what this next year has in store. = D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danni! How great. Happy Bloggie Birthday to you! I'm really enjoying your blog so much. I am going to go through your favorite posts and read them all over the next few days. I love the way you write and the ideas and take you have on things. It's very nice getting to know you.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend,
    Bird
    http://hedgebirdhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say before that I absolutely LOVE the picture! I would love to own a checkered body suit.. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Blogging Birthday!

    That's alot of B's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoo Happy blog birthday :) congrats !! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing how a year can go by with the blink of an eye... So glad you are here!!!

    I love the art pages on your journals!

    Have a safe 4th~
    Pattee

    If I didn't thank you for stopping by blog earlier I want to now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, Danni, I've been reading through your favorite posts over the last year. I'm enjoying them sooo much. You have a wonderful husband and he's definitely a keeper. And I have to say, from what I'm reading here, he's danged lucky to have you, too. What a wonderful love you both have and you are a very inspiring writer. Thank you so much for starting this blog and sharing your story.

    Brightest Blessings,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats, a lurker saying hello

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy happy bloggy day my bloggy friend!!
    I'm glad our virtual road met :)
    I'm gonna read your favorite posts now!

    ReplyDelete