Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:

* Getting out of town for a long weekend in the Smoky Mountains with Joe and the pup. This was our last vacation before baby comes. We rented a cabin and spent 4 days immersed in nature, rocking chairs on the porch and a big jacuzzi bathtub.
* Getting beautiful beads in the mail from lady friends, sisters and wild women all around the world to string in to a chain of prayer beads to take with me when it's my birthing time. It'll be a powerful, eclectic talisman of sisterhood, solidarity and love. If anyone would like to send me one to add, shoot me an email and I'll get you the details and my snail mail address.
* Joining the 100 Happy Days project which I'm participating in via Instagram. Hormones, discomfort and a slew of other things have been weighing me down and making me emotional lately, so being mindful of finding at least one bright spot each day is important to me right now. Most of these Gratitude Sunday posts will probably sport a lot of my happy days pictures and items for a bit. It's honestly easier for me to snap a picture than it is to write in my journal before bed these days, as once my body hits the bed I'm out.


* Luna making it through her surgery smoothly and easily. She's recovering well, perhaps a little too well as she's only had 3 days of recovery so far and is already trying to break every rule the doctor gave us; especially running and jumping. I'm glad that I have a level headed husband around to offer suggestions and reassurances when I feel like the most rotten dog momma on Earth for keeping Luna penned up when I'm doing something where I can't keep a close enough eye on her to ensure she isn't getting up to things.
* Joe whittling me a wooden heart out of the cedar heartwood while we were porch sitting.


* Getting started on painting the baby's nursery. I've decided to take my time with it and break up the painting over a few days since 1) I feel like there's a watermelon in my gut and it makes my hips unhappy if I stand/sit/squat for too long and 2) the room is empty and it bores Luna to death so all she does is sleep while we're in there. It's a win-win!
* Making time to paint. Even if it feels a bit like dragging myself kicking and screaming to the canvas due to the serious "don't wannas" I've been having. Once I'm working and especially once I'm finished, I feel so amazing. It's starting that's difficult these days.
* Making progress on my pregnancy journal, which I'm making from a repurposed board book.


* The baby plants in the garden are doing well! We've already got some peppers that needs picking, some baby tomatoes coming in and cucumbers that are starting to climb. I need to get my bean seeds in the ground still but they grow so fast I can be a bit late with those.
* Fireflies. I've been looking outside the past few evenings when I feel a bit glum and those bright bugs dancing in the field and trees that make up our backyard put a big cheesy smile on my face.


To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment