If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.
This Week I am Grateful For:
* A break from the near solid week of rain. I was so pleased to see the sun shining through the tree tops yesterday morning! (That's not my house in the picture, but a random one in the neighborhood.)
* Taking advantage of the break in the rain to paint our house with the help of several friends. With everyone's help, we were able to get two coats of the main color on before the sun got too hot right around noon-time. Joe and I just have to do the trim work at some point.
* Finding and rescuing this wee baby robin who was chirping away in the grass. After a bit of research and a few calls, I tethered a small basket with some wool roving and shredded leaves in the tree where his nest is located; far too high for us to reach it though Joe attempted to make the climb. I'm pleased to say, baby seems to be doing OK and I've seen mommy delivering worms to his nest a few times.
* Moments of quiet, both the external and internal variety. *deep sigh*
* The bittersweet sensation of moving my best friend out of the apartment complex where we were neighbors when we all moved down here and in to his very first house. Knowing that we'll never go to his apartment again and feeling like this is the end of an old chapter; that we're all officially grown up now. Bittersweet, but I also suppose I'm looking forward to this new chapter.
* The sound of throaty frogs in the creek behind my kids brother's house. He also moved this week. I've gotten my 'all grown up!' tears and muscles worked out quite a bit over the past few days.
* Having a functional thermostat again! I'm not a big air conditioning person, because it wreaks havoc on my poor sinuses, but it's nice to be able to cut the humidity. My friends all think I'm a loon, because I keep it set between 76 and 79F. Lol.
* Finding this gem at a local burger joint! I not only love pinball, but I felt so epic smashing the Balrog with the silver ball.
To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.