Tuesday, June 25, 2019

YB Falls

20190623_161847


Drove 2 hours, into torrential rain, to meet our friends for an adventure this past weekend. When we arrived, it was thunderstorming but we decided that since we'd packed up all the kids and made the trek we'd wait and see if they'd bugger off.

Luckily, they did! And we made a muggy late afternoon trek to this gorgeous waterfall. The kids stripped down and we all made our way carefully over the big rocks and into the shallow pools at the very base of the falls. Once up there, the kids splashed and the grownups climbed around a bit.

We've been trying to make more of an effort to document the grown ups while we're out, since 90% of our collective photos are of the kids. Good thing too, or this glory may not have been captured! Hehe.

received_1198905070312241
That's me in the middle. I shaved off half of my hair since the hike I posted about the other day. ;)

5 comments:

  1. That waterfall looks absolutely amazing! It sounds like you had quite an adventure. I am not on blogspot anymore but my new blog link is below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's 50' or so, and in the temperate rainforest region near-ish me, so it's full of ferns and moss and feels like you're in the middle of Fern Gully. :D

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place and that photo is awesome!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have had a "group" of pals who would have shared themselves with Shelley and I. I watch with awe at how much fun your friends and you create for your children. Lucky Moms, blessed kiddos. Party on. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oma! It took a few years of being here in the South, that felt like forever, to find our people but I'm so, so glad that we did. We all live within 30 minutes of each other, but are all in different towns... so things will be changing when the kids head off to their different schools. But we're planning to hold on tight and still spend some of our weekends together. <3

      Delete