Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


* Joe's unwavering love and support during not only the good times, but the god awful terrible, I don't even want to write about them ones. It takes a lot to stand with someone during hard times, but it takes so much more when that someone has a mental illness. I am a truly lucky person.
* The support of friends while I've been grieving and in tremendous amounts of pain due to sciatica. Offers to come clean, cook, hold my kiddo or just sit with me are not unnoticed and are so very appreciated.
* Our amazing veterinarian. He took such good care of our Chico, right up until the very end. I've lost a few pets over the years, to sickness and old age, but never have I had a vet give the passing of a pet the same level of respect and care as that of a human family member. He offered his condolences, spoke to Chico, spoke to us and prayed before he began the injection. It was all handled in such a kind and caring manner. And a few days later, we received a card of condolence in the mail. A paper card, with a signature and everything. Not an impersonal email. Really. Our vet is wonderful.
* The good health of my remaining furry family members, our kitty Mister Molly and our crazy dog Luna.
* Getting out of the house and in to the mountains, if only for a very brief period of time before my back made me go home.
* Acorn's "singing". He's started to get the hang of his vocal range and has started, for lack of a better word, squealing. And sometimes when he gets REALLY in to it, he closes his eyes and throws his head back while smiling, like a little rock star.
* An eye doctor who gets me in as soon as I call to take care of my eye troubles. I'm so sick of this thing I could scream, but I won't. I'll keep on keeping on, taking my meds, seeing my doctor and hoping for the best.
* A nice glass of wine or a pint of good beer.
* My family FINALLY coming to visit me here in the South! :)
* Cool weather and gorgeous foliage.
* Line dried clothes. I don't know, maybe I'm a huge nerd. But I really like the task of hanging them, taking them down and then the super clean scent of them.


To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday

1 comment: