Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Painting the Feminine - The Journey



I was fully integrated in the process of creating this piece, "The Journey". I kept thoughts at bay by focusing my mind on the sensations of the brush held in my fingers, the feel of the paint as it swept along the paper.

The painting surprised me, with its lack of female figure - with its bright green "tombstones" and great gnarly purple tree. This painting was 100% intuitive, I let it guide me from the get go - not pondering or meditating what the prompt "the journey" meant to me, but rather letting things unfold organically; putting things on the paper as they were whispered in to my heart. When I heard "crows!", I added them. When I heard "Lotuses", I added them. I didn't think about it; which takes a lot of effort for me.

To me this painting manages to symbolize how I feel about our journeys here through life:

This whole life, the whole cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth... it's all one big cosmic journey. There is no beginning and no end, it's an endless spiral or an unbroken circle; the walking of which right now is the entire point, not the future and not where we came from. Our purpose is the journey, not the destination.

***

This course is unlocking and unearthing more for me than I ever imagined it would. Not only is it reconnecting me with feminine energies be realigning how I grew up feeling about womanhood and healing age old wounds, but it is taking me deeper in to my spiritual path and understanding. It's incredible, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment