Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:

* Peaceful rainy days and fierce thunderstorms.
* The fat robins and the cawing crows in the backyard.
* A no fuss, no muss doctor who treats this whole pregnancy like a normal everyday thing and not like I'm diseased or disabled. Also, he works with doulas and midwives and gave me recommendations for good ones in our area.
* Joe taking on answering a lot of people's nosy, overly personal or just plain annoying questions so I don't sucker punch anyone. Questions so far have included (but are in no way limited to): Was it wanted? What made you decide to have a baby? Do you know your vagina might rip? Why aren't you more excited? (Really? Do you want us to jump up and down and scream and dance whenever we tell someone? We've known for months and have gotten tired of telling people because.... stupid questions follow! We're excited - shut up.)
* Having the opportunity to paint and create every single day.
* A clean house! Joe's been picking up my slack while all-day-sickness has gotten the best of me the past few months, but there's something about squeaky clean areas that you cleaned yourself that is awesome!
* Speaking of that, the all-day-sickness has started to dissipate!
* Shiny new vinyl albums that I didn't have to pay a penny for because I just traded in some old junk for store credit.
* Giving Luna a bath and washing away her dog-stink, much as she didn't appreciate it. ;)
* Laughing and having a good time with friends.
* Nods from the Universe.
* Joe surprising me with thoughtful little things. The dude just gets me! Some girls want flowers, me? I wanted the Kidrobot Bay Fog Brawler Dunny and Joe hunted him down for me. How adorable is his mustache?



To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday

2 comments:

  1. There is just something about certain situations in life that bring out the stupid in people. Sorry that the old think before your speak thing doesn't always play in some folks heads.
    I know you must be thrilled that the every day all day long ickies are subsiding. Now on to just enjoying the days til the babe arrives. This is a wonderful time.....all the best is there for you. Most especially your sweet Joe. What a goodie he is.
    xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~I had to go back as I had missed your *baby* post...rainy day and thunderstorms are a gift in themselves sometimes...a welcoming reason to tuck yourself in...some people and their minds...mindless I say...happy to hear the sickness is slowly fading away...you are blessed to have a love like so...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete