Monday, January 20, 2014

Gratitude*Monday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.



This Week I Am Grateful For:


* Finally figuring out how to take down and clean the fabric roman shades we inherited when we bought the house. Those suckers were manky! And then getting some breezy new curtains for living room window, which the kitties loved sitting behind and throwing out shadows of big Pumas.
* My appetite starting to level back out. I'm starting to be able to eat my usual healthy fare again instead of eating like I have a hangover, which was the only way I could keep food down for a bit there.
* The amount of reading time I carved out for myself! I tore through Anita Diamant's The Red Tent and Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist this week and loved both of them.
* Going a little nutso at Trader Joe's and buying myself too many flowers for even my giant leaded victorian vase to hold. I stopped by on a lark, to look at the flowers and maybe get one bundle, but the prices were so good and the flowers were so pretty that I took home a bunch. Now my kitchen has serious Spring Fever!


* Hawk's been visiting me again; three times this past week.
* Continuing to explore the Feminine with my painting tribe and being given the oh so important (and often oh so hard to do) lesson of rest this weekend. I didn't paint, but instead used that time for mindful restfulness and relaxation; without guilt. Which is the hard part.
* Going to birthday dinner with a friend. Her birthday, not mine.
* Brand new sheets on the bed. It's amazing how luxurious new sheets can feel, even when they're simple cotton.
* Winning tickets to see our local hockey team's home game on Super Hero night, thanks to my favorite comic book shop who was helping sponsor the theme night. Our team won, there were free comic books and some awesome cosplayers. I should point out, these costumes are primarily cardboard:



To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday

1 comment:

  1. Can you every have too many flowers? Especially at a good price...I don't think so! Love the new curtains. They are so pretty. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete