Thursday, October 3, 2013

Just A' Strumming

I broke out the DSLR for the first time to photograph something other than a trip. This is the first time in what feels like forever that I've broken it out to capture, what to me, is everyday magic. If I'm totally honest, I end up deleting about 90% of the photos I take on trips because I'm like... what the fuck did I take 500 pictures of the ocean for? Why are there only like, 2 pictures with us in them? These types of photos are the photos I love best. The nice crisp images of every day stuff. Shooting it with my camera rather than my iPhone also just makes it feel so much more special to me.

Anywho, Joe has taken to learning the banjo. Nearly every day he'll pull it out and play for anywhere from 20-60 minutes at a time, practicing the different styles of play and playing bits of songs he's learned to gain greater speed and accuracy whilst playing. So, much to his chagrin, I took a few photos of him playing. And just for shits and giggles, I shot every image with my macro lens.

The lighting is a bit off, because my overhead lamp has a hearty mix of CFL and incandescent bulbs in it right now. I hate replacing perfectly good bulbs. ;) Hope you enjoy them!










Quit taking my picture, woman!


With any luck, if all goes according to plan, we'll be landing in Jamaica 24 hours from now. I won't have access to internet while I'm there, because I's rather pay to scuba dive than use the internet. I'm looking forward to this technology free time! Enjoy your week, there will, of course, be photos when we return!


2 comments: