Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Merry May Day


Now the bright morning star, day's harbinger,
Comes dancing from the east and leads with her The flowery May,
who from her green lap throws The yellow cowslip, and the pale primrose.
Hail, bounteous May, that doth inspire Mirth, and youth, and warm desire;
Woods and groves are of thy dressing, Hill and dale doth boast thy blessing,
Thus we salute thee with our early song,
And welcome thee, and wish thee long.

John Milton Quotes , Source: Song--On May Morning

Merry May Day and Blessed Beltane!

Sun and Earth are reunited and Spring is very much in the air. The scent of warm earth wafts by on cool spring breezes, the greenery is lush and vibrant nearly to bursting. Baby animals are emerging from their holes and nests, wobbly on newly discovered legs and wings.

My smile has been nearly constant, which is usually the case at this time of year. Something in the energies gets in to me and I'm nearly on fire, unfurling like a fern and coming out of my long Winter's hibernation completely. My head is clearing and I'm starting to spend less time there, preferring to get in to my body more and more; taking the time to really feel everything and relishing the sensations. Eating lighter meals, drinking lighter drinks. Getting on my hands and knees in the dirt, walking the paths and roadways in the early morning light and last rays of evening sun. Working the aches and pains out of my joints and letting my hair hang loose. (It's funny, because I wear my hair up almost all Winter and let it down in the Summer.)

For the first time since moving down South, Spring has unfurled slowly and luxuriously, taking her time warming up and reaching her climax rather than rushing to get it over with as quickly as possible. The days have been warm and the nights chilly, my roses have only just bloomed (usually they're out before my birthday - if they died back at all.) and the leaves of the trees didn't burst over night. It's the Spring of my youth and my growing years, the one that lasts and lets me savor it and drink it in.

And that's what I plan to do today, as much as possible. To revel in the warm Spring sun kissing my face, watching the clouds as the birds and the bees sing their sweet songs. And once the light has dwindled, to drink vodka I infused with fruits myself, share a glass of wine or three with the fae, make my offering and toast to the Gods and this beautiful, full life of mine. That which no longer serves me will be purged from my life by fire and my wishes for fertility of all kinds will be whisked to the Heavens on sparks and ash.

And while doing those, I'm going to take the time to reflect on and appreciate the love that I have for myself and for others as well as the love that I receive. When I began walking this path nearly a decade ago, hell even 5 years ago, I would never have expected to be where I am now in the love department; especially when it comes loving myself. It's something to celebrate and there's no better day I can think of to do so than this, with it being a festival of love and all.

May your May Day be blessed and full of love; for yourself and for others. May what you sow today come to bountiful fruition in Autumn and May you be blessed with whichever form of Fertility you desire most in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment