Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:
* The beautiful weather throughout most of the week and the rain my baby plants so desperately were craving at the end.

* Walks downtown, hand in hand with my husband.

* Getting up the courage to really look inside myself, look at my past and begin to take the steps I need to in order to reclaim this life of mine.

* Hearing what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it most, from a wonderful inspiration and friend. Thank you, Connie, for once more putting yourself and your emotions out there and touching my heart. You can read the post that touched me so very muchhere.

* Getting my garden started, even if it was a bit later than I'd like and with baby plants instead of seeds.

* Time with friends. Lots of great laughs, some venting, some catching up and so much love.

* Taking a step back and realizing that this life, my life, is wonderful and beautiful exactly as it is. Knowing that so long as I love and am loved, so long as I follow my heart and intuition every little thing is going to be alright.

* Urgent care centers being open late enough that when dinner gives me heartburn and reflux so badly I can't breath for over an hour, I can get some help. That was really pretty scary.

* Nods from the Universe. Full Moon Magic.

* The first official roses of the year. They bloomed later than usual this year, normally they're out by my birthday. This just makes them extra special, being discovered on a rainy day.

* My guy bringing me home my all time favorite bad tummy comfort food. Chicken and stars. From a can! Don't judge me.

* Getting rid of all the old black and bleak dinnerware in the kitchen and replacing it with a hodge podge of brightly colored stuff. Noting that my tastes have changed dramatically over the last decade and honestly enjoying it.

* Hot coffee and a cuddly sweatshirt on a chilly day.

* My amazing bed my awesome ass husband built for me. Yes, I got the idea from Pinterest (aka the devil) but that he went to work on it so quickly and made it exactly the way I wanted it, makes me feel so very loved. It's perfect. And yes, he built the entire bed frame. Not just the headboard.

Before I prettified it further...

After.

* Having the courage to post up videos on my art blog, Heartroot Studio to answer some FAQs and help explain my process a little bit. I almost didn't go through with it, because hearing myself speak is weird and I'm horrendously self conscious at the best of times but I posted them up anyway. Go check them out if you're curious about my art. :)


To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Sunday, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment