Monday, May 20, 2013

Gratitude*Monday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:

* That I'm married to my best friend. That I'm lucky enough to have a husband that supports me in my dreams, decisions and goals. That we can laugh together, love together, be bummed out together. That he'll hold me when I cry over stupid things, brush my hair out of my face when I'm sick, rub my feet after a long day and gives me executive control over paint colors in the house. I don't think I say it enough, but I'm a lucky lady.

* New glasses. Now that my peepers have adjusted to the change in prescription, it's nice to be able to see clearly again. Due to my eye disease, my script has changed dramatically over the past 3 years - it's a bit ridiculous to me that I was O.K. with seeing as poorly as I did with the last glasses!

* Catching up on our favorite shows while cuddled up on the couch at night.

* Fat, buzzy bees!

* Purchasing a new turntable so we can listen to the new (to us) vinyls we've acquired as well as some old favorites. Our collection is growing and I adore it! It sounds cliche and it makes me seem like a music snob (which, I really sort of am) but there's so much depth to the sound of vinyl, so much soul in these albums. I pick up an old, pre-loved album and it's got history and a story to it. Also, I love that our local record store doesn't label them "used" but as "pre-loved".

* Eating the homemade pierogis my lovely made. Oh my gosh you guys, not only is he dreamy AND handy, he can cook! Gonna have to beat the ladies off with a stick now that they know!

* I hit a downward mood-swing due to moon-time hormones and was able to pull myself out of it more quickly than I've been able to do previously, with a minimal amount of tears. I'm grateful that I'm better able to recognize and take control of my feelings when I need to.

* Perfect relaxing afternoons in the hammock with dogface, my sketchbook and a cold beverage!

* Bird songs. Sparrows circling around us on our afternoon walks. The hawk wheeling low overhead while I'm in the hammock.

* Switching off on Sundays, unplugging from technology to spend some time together without digital distraction. The only exceptions to the rule are music and our phones/cameras but we can only use them as such. No piddling on games, email or the internet. Sundays have moved from a frustrating day where everything is closed (ugh!) to one of my favorite days of the week, regardless of the weather. Last night we listened to music on the new turntable, bullshitted and played darts. I have a secret; I used to suck at darts. I'm getting better, but I consider it dumb luck because when I try to aim I do terribly. When I just go ahead and throw, I do much better. Weird, right?

* Visiting with a friend from out of town who we haven't seen in nearly two years. Spending time showing off our little town as well as kicking back and catching up at the house.

* Mommy/Daughter pedicure day with Luna. Yes, I'm a little bit crazy. ;-) Also, random factoid: the only color I ever paint my toenails is electric blue.

* A fancy new batik bandana for my hair.

* Almost all of my baby plants seem to be going strong! The exceptions being broccoli, which bolted in the heat and the ghost pepper which for reason I can't figure out, has lost all but 1 leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment