Wednesday, March 6, 2013

29 Faces - Wrapping Up

The challenge ended at the end of February, but I haven't had the time (or patience) to fight with my scanner until today. I swear sometimes that device is possessed by a spiteful goblin.

I know I had some requests, especially after posting the lovably skittish Rincewind, but I did a lot of these in little pockets of spare time so they're mostly off the top of my head. Granny Weatherwax's dour face will have to wait a while longer. ;-) So, without further ado, here are my final 11 faces:

These two (and a half but who's counting?) are part of the painting I'm working on for DEEP with Dirty Footprints Studio. They're done in acrylic and may change as I continue to work further on the painting.


This little lady is also part of my larger painting for DEEP.


Just a quick sketch of a Victorian lady from a photo. Not much to say here as she isn't fleshed out very well.


This one is a pencil drawing of actor Zachary Levi. It's not quite finished and is one of the very, very few portraits I've ever attempted. (Seriously, I think this is the 3rd one. Ever.) It looks enough like him for me to be ok with, but looking at this and the reference photo I can easily pick out several mistakes in the proportions. It was great practice though, so I'll take it!


Another quick pencil sketch. I had masks, particularly bunny masks, on my mind for some reason.


A quick oil pastel sketch. Playing with colors in skin tone.


I picked up some bright colored ball point pens to use in my Moleskine! I was getting a little tired of just black and blue. So this one, which is less of a face and more of a body, really, was my first experimentation with color.


And the color exploration just kept going from there... (This one I call The Shamaness.)


To here. Which I love. I'm not sure how much black work I'll be doing for a while, because I'm thoroughly, hopelessly addicted to color right now.


I imagine that emo kids would hate sprinkles. Especially rainbow ones. So that's what I went with for my last face, courtesy of a rainbow sprinkled doughnut. ;)

And that wraps up 29 faces! Hope you enjoyed all of them and thanks for checking them out. :)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome collection of faces! I love this post!! You made so many different things, and that is exactly the spirit of the 29 faces challenge.... thank you very much for participating, and hope to see you again in September!

    ReplyDelete