Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me!


Feeling very Queenly in this picture!

Well loves, it's official. I need to change my profile from 20's to 30's - I'm officially in a new decade of my life. I'll be honest, it doesn't feel any different. At least, not yet. I keep hearing that the 30's are the best years and even my bestie who turned 30 in October said this has been the best year of her life so far, so we'll see where it goes.

The 20's were kicked out the door in truly mad, festive fashion because I threw myself a mad tea party to celebrate. I had an amazing time, surrounded by my friends - including Laura, my bestie of 26 years who flew in from NJ just for the night! She walked in the door and I completely lost my shit! Thank goodness the waterworks happened before I slathered on 20 pounds of makeup or I'd have been an even crazier looking hatter. ;-)


This lady flew 800 miles to see me for less than 24 hours. That's true love!

I sipped absinthe from a porcelain tea cup with "Gutter Slut" written on it in fancy script and sang and danced the night away in high style! It was hands down the best party I've ever thrown, our friends all had an amazing time, I felt like a mad Queen and as far as I know we escaped with a meager 1% of partiers awaking with hangovers!

When I woke in the morning to my official birthday, I had coffee with two of my favorite people on the planet. Who are also, apparently, better at surprises than I thought! Later in the afternoon we put Laura on a plane back to New Jersey and the cold icy weather and headed a bit further south to the shore, because I desperately needed to be at the ocean. It's been two years since I was last there, which is far too long for this witch!


***

Some of you may remember that on my 29th birthday, I created a list of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before 30. Well, sadly, I didn't even finish half of it. But that's O.K. because I'm going to keep working on it until I've checked them all off! So, here is my updated list, the things I've accomplished are in green:

Danni's 30 by 30 List
1. See a whale shark.
2. Fly a kite.

3. Be a healthy weight. - getting there!
4. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
5. Get my passport.
6. Travel outside of the U.S.
7. Ride a horse.
8. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
9. Go to a drum circle.
10. Build a sheet fort.
11. Make a decision with a coin toss.
12. Have a Harry Potter movie-thon.

13. Ride in a hot air balloon. (For the record? I'm terrified of heights.) - bought tickets for this, have to set up a date!!
14. Complete a journal. - Almost there!
15. Lay out and watch cloud shapes.
16. Learn (or at least make a solid effort to learn) Spanish.
17. Go to a music festival.
18. Eat cake without using my hands.
19. Give belly dancing a shot.
20. Participate in the Color Run when it comes to Charlotte, NC.
21. Adopt a puppy.

22. Use a fake name at Starbucks - I go to Starbucks ALL THE TIME and in an entire year and multiple stores, not once has anyone asked my name!!
 23. Have a Red Dress photo shoot.
24. Put my toes in the ocean again.
25. Watch a meteor shower.
26. Stop caring and accept myself.
27. Be brave and bold hearted.

28. Paint my own version of Van Gogh's Starry night.
29. Sleep outside.
30. Be Happy - getting there!

***

Here are more pictures from the party. You know I have to share!





All these images are from the photobooth we set up in the house. Yup, photobooth!





My amazing cake made by my friend Jenn. I had originally asked for a plain white cake with some roses and red paint and she took creative control and I LOVED IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment