Starting my morning out right as often as I can, I like to sit out on my patio with a cup of fresh brewed coffee and whatever I happen to be reading at the moment. It's been even better lately as the leaves fall from my big birch tree and swirl around me, while the squirrels hop about the yard foraging and the crows caw over head. So, how could I improve on it any more than that? With a big old cup of cinnamon spiced coffee in my favorite mug of all time. Here's how I make my yummy treat, in case any of you may want to try it.
Cinnamon Spice Coffee:
* First I add my coffee grounds as usual - I use one Tbsp for every 1 cup of water.
* Then, I add 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon to the grounds for every 1 Tbsp of coffee. If you're using a bold coffee the cinnamon flavor is sort of mild, if you're using a medium coffee the flavor is a bit more noticeable. You can tweek how much you add based on your taste preference.
- Now, people have asked me why I brew the cinnamon through the filter with the grounds and the answer is simple enough. If you sprinkle cinnamon into your coffee, it will either float on top or sink to the bottom. It is very difficult to get it to dissolve properly and you really don't get the nice cinnamon flavor from it that you're probably going for.-
* Brew coffee as usual and wait with anticipation!
* I then add my condiments. I use significantly less sugar when I brew this coffee than usual and add only a splash or two of milk.
* Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
* Sit outside in the Autumn air and enjoy!