Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday: Wee Pumpkins


These little buggers were extremely hard to photograph, even with my macro lens. The largest one is less than 1/4 on an inch. What am I doing with the babies? Why, making pendants, of course! Who doesn't want a wee pumpkin patch they can bring everywhere with them?

P.S. We've started a gaming group with a few of our friends. We meet every Wednesday and play Dungeons and Dragons, which I have never played before despite desperately wanting to! The boys I grew up with who played had a strict 'no girls allowed!' policy and as such, with my being a girl and all, I was never invited to play. We're into our third week and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of all the dice rolling and stats and stuff, so I can put a little more thought into actually playing my character. So far, I'm really enjoying it! The boys should all be over soon enough, so I should probably work on getting my tail offline. ;)

P.P.S. Thank you all for the comments and visits during the gypsy party! I'm still working my way around the circle of lovely wagons and tents, so if I haven't gotten to you yet don't fret I'll visit soon!

7 comments:

  1. Damned boys! The exact same thing happened to me in high school. I really, really wanted to join in the D&D fun but the boys would never let me.

    Also, those pumpkins are CRAZY small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, boys are buttheads sometimes and then again.....I'm glad you can play now. I used to love D&D.
    Young fingers are needed to do itsy tiny small stuff....yay for you. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danni,
    Your teeny tiny pumpkins are adorable. They'll make the cutest little necklaces. You're going to have so much fun with that.

    How much fun you and your group will have playing Dungeons and Dragons. I grew up playing that myself. I was the only girl among all the guys. When I was married to my first husband we actually had D&D game parties every couple of weeks. The living was transformed into maps and eraser boards with notes... so much was put into it and it was so much fun. And now,my new husband and I enjoy D&D too.

    Have fun!

    Bright blessings,
    Bird http://birdsearthyspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little pumpkins. So cute.

    What character are you playing in D&D? I have played a human bard, a human paladin (she was a battle nun and amazing) and a halfling rogue. I am playing other RPG's now, but I love D&D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those pumpkins!!

    The boys around here never wanted to play with the girls either. I remember one afternoon during the summer getting all my girlfriends together for a game of football. It was so much fun.

    I'd love to play D&D, but most the people I know around here don't play =(

    ReplyDelete