Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Cooldown

Some of you may have noticed I've been absent since Yule, the reason for that being that we absconded to New Jersey for a whirlwind Christmas weekend with our families.

We left at 5 in the afternoon on Wednesday and drove all through the night, reaching my mom's house and a bed to sleep in around 4 in the morning. Needless to say, the day after Yule was a very, very busy one for me while I got last minute packing and gifts together and made double and triple sure we had everything for the weekend.

After we woke up late Thursday morning we went our separate ways to see our friends and joined back up later on to have Christmases at three different places as is typical of Christmas with us. This year was a bit bittersweet for me, as it may very well be the last one with my siblings and I all together. I'm not going to dwell on that now though, I'll just have to wait and see how events unfold and take things as they come. Aside from that little twinge, our holidays were wonderful and involved:

Exchanging gifts with each other on Yule:





What could the giant present be?

It's a mushroom stool that Joe made for me! If you want to see more photos of all the little details click here to see the write up he made about it!


Playing Poker with my lady friends on Christmas eve-eve:



Christmas Cracker Crowns:




Gifts from Santa:





A send-off of sparklers and a hot air wish balloon:





We missed out on snowfall all around. It snowed in South Carolina while we were in New Jersey and we made it out of New Jersey well before the storm hit on Sunday. The only snow we saw was already on the ground.

I hope everyone had wonderful holidays!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    We're still digging out up here....That and sledding ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - what a brilliant toadstool! Lucky girl! You have a very clever husband there.

    Glad you got out before the big snow. Sounds like everyone is still digging out of it. Time for some rest now after that busy trip of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That toad stool is amazing!
    Your holidays looked like it was wonderful and that Santa must think you were very nice!
    Blessings on the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time! If you were up by the Pumpkin Cottage, the snow wasn't bad (6-9"s we were told by our neighbors up there) but down here in Monmouth (and Ocean) County we got Hammered! We're still digging out from 30+"s of snow! Blessings for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the amazing toadstool on craftster and didn't put two and two together that it was made for you... lol. I may be a little slow, especially looking at the screen name now. wow. It looks like you had an amazing holiday though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So merry photos!:) That stool is, like, I am speechless. And Your tree is beautiful. I am happy that You had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much merriment! So glad you had a fun time and the weather cooperated. And what a FAB gift from your Hubby. Most Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and I am coveting your mushroom stool! Too beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing your fun filled holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello :) I'm visiting your blog for the first time and I just wanted to add my own praise for that mushroom stool. That sooooooo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete