Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Journaling in July, Will you be joining in?

Do any of you like to journal but often times not feel like writing? Ever have those days when you need to get something down but can't find the words? Do you just want something a little more tactile and messy than blogging? Maybe you just need a few minutes every now and then to absorb yourself in something just for you?

Any of those ring true?

Well my dears, perhaps you should try out the wonderful world of art journaling! Don't you even dare think you aren't creative or paper crafty enough, I won't listen to it. Don't give me any nonsense about having nothing to journal about either because there is inspiration everywhere.

I began journaling two years ago when an artist named Phizzychick began an altered journal along over on craftster. A small group of us got together and brainstormed themes and techniques and shared the pages we created. It was a wonderful introduction to this awesome medium and I was going strong on my book until this past fall when I began to neglect the poor thing. That ends now. I'm going to attempt to work on one spread a week, if not more and I'm hoping this post will inspire at least one of you to join me while I 'Journal in July'.

I'd like to offer you all the same sort of introduction I had. If you're already journaling, jump in and join us! Post what you're up to in your own blogs and feel free to snag the button for the blog party.




I'll be sharing information including what the heck an art journal is, techniques, supply gathering, themes and inspirations throughout the month of July.

Let me know if you'll be journaling along with me let me know, I'll put your name over on my side bar! All you need to participate is a book of some sort, art supplies, a sense of adventure and an open mind!

If there is anything specific you'd like to hear about or if there are any theme ideas you'd like to see on the big list of theme ideas that will be in the first post leave me a comment. Anything from supplies to art styles to a specific word to a more general theme is fair game, so let's brainstorm.

Who's Journaling In July?


Alpha Betsy

Andréann

Anna

Antitwilightsang

A Pink Dreamer

Bird

Bleumoon

Dirgesinger

Faerwillow

Justine

KJ McLean

K.Michelle

Mama Jen

Mel

Lisa

Lisa Plummer

One Pink Fish

Róisín

Sydnee

The Blakk Duchess

ZombieQueen


23 comments:

  1. OH!! I've been dying to do an art journal! Count me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! I started one a loooong time ago... and then lost it. Then found it while I was moving a few months ago. Now it sits neglected in a papercrafting drawer... poor thing! I would love to journal with you this July (and hopefully beyond!) ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in for Art Journaling!! I had been wanting to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~this is a brilliant idea...i have not consitantly been journaling as life has been ever so crazy but this is the perfect opportunity to get back to some inspiring creative fun...to absorbing some self time...l♥ve it! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed that post!

    I'm so in! July is the perfect month, too!
    I'm taking a break from swapping and want to do something for myself for a change! this is the perfect project!
    I even found a book. Can't wait to see what others do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    I came across this post thanks to the Black Duchess there (hi!) and I love the idea of it. I'm not an artist by any means but I do like to mess about with collage some times. Plus I've been looking for some sort of crafty hobby and I think this could be it! I'm looking forward to all your advice, tutorage and inspiration!
    Roisin.

    p.s. Great blog, I can't believe I never came across it before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only journaling is on my BOS and definitely not an artistic stuff. But I love the idea of getting to know techniques, even if I don' jin the group - too buckless to think of buying supplies for this right now! :oP Hope eveerybody who joins have tons of fun and insights!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I wanna be in! Just tell me how to do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I've been thinking of art journaling lately. Weird.
    I'm going to try to introduce it into the Craft Ninjas.
    So I'll definatly be watching you guys closely and in a troll like manner for tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really awesome and I really want to join in... But I've never art journaled before and I think I'll suck! Or not have the time to do it as well as I'd like!

    Or!

    Or!

    Or!

    Um.. I'll let you know how this works out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in! I want to play, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to give this a go! I need some me time, and what a wonderful "excuse"!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I would love to join. I'm totally nervous about it. I do journal all the time, but never have tried an art journal. I think I'll give it a go. Sounds fun!

    Peace and beautiful days to you,
    Bird
    http://hedgebirdhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely....oddly (but not really) I was just looking through my half-finished, dust-covered art journal last night and thinking I needed a kick-start.

    Count me in!!

    http://creativeclutter-mel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in! I started an art journal-type thing a few months ago, but it's turned into just a journal. So hopefully your posts will be helpful in getting me back on track! (Oh, I've just thought of an idea for a page!) http://witchatchurch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw your print Lord of the Sea. I wish you best of luck with sales. I'm making a prayer flag. Not for sale, just for healing, with Dr. Emoto's prayer. Thank you for your healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to join , sign me up !!! Is there any due date, or do we just enter them as we creat them throughout July?
    -Justina
    La Boheme Magique
    http://labohememagique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got your comment on my blog, ok that sounds great ! Can't wait to get started! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. After seeing your collage, i think I can do this. I say I'm in. We'll see how it goes from here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some journal pages up!
    Here is the direct link :-)
    http://labohememagique.blogspot.com/p/journaling-in-july.html

    -Justina
    La Boheme Magique

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found you through my friend Justina this morning and last night I happened to start an altered book project after I found one of my old books at my mom's house. I've done one journal before so I'm really excited to try another!

    ReplyDelete