Friday, April 9, 2010

Creating, Creating and still more creating

This week I have been a busy lady, creating things for the shop and for fun.

I started the week working with the relatively new-to-me medium of watercolor. I did a few small successful paintings of various deities including Lugh, the Green Man and Ganesha:



I also did a small painting of Iris, but upon completion realized I had made her head disproportionately large and her body a bit too squat. I plan to give her another try soon enough.

I've also been working on some pendulums. I've made them in the past and I always have a great time picking stones and putting them together. I've done everything from double ended quartz pendulums on leather cord to sea glass on hemp, but this time I decided I wanted to use a vintage necklace and stones:



I'm really happy with all of them, but I have to say the petrified wood pendulum above is my favorite of the bunch.

I'm ending my week by beginning a project that I'm really excited about. It all started with small wooden boxes and my love for all things gypsy. If I could live in a brightly coloured wagon and roam the country telling fortunes for the rest of my life, I would. But I digress. The sparks of inspiration led me to create a trio of soul sisters whose stories will be told when the project is complete. For now, I'll leave you with a peek at the gypsy sisters:


Gypsy Sister Sky
Gypsy Sister Earth
Gypsy Sister Sea

Have a beautiful weekend, loves.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been a busy girl. And I am totally intrigues by the gypsy sisters. Do tell...
    (((hugs))) for the birthday wishes and bestest bloggie buddies, until next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you'er rally gifted, I loved everyhting here! Lucas loves Ganesha, when he's back from school I'll show him yours!
    My mom has a gypsy soul, I swear... She would love to live in a wagon to! LOLOh well, our family, very very back in past, has some gypsy heritage, that's why...

    What a productive wewek, just great!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I too love the ganesha! Fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work, the colour in your painting is just beautiful, loving it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danni...I can't believe how busy you are my girl!
    I just wanted to thank you for posting on PAN...I know that you are busy and it is ANOTHER blog to post on...but thank you for taking the trouble to do it...
    I love your drawings...can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - great art! I love the Ganesha! I have a real fondness for him.

    ReplyDelete