Friday, June 21, 2019

Merry Solstice!

2019-06-21 02.50.20 1


The fancy altars of a few years back are dusty and unkempt; places where rocks, sticks, feathers, and lint from pockets stuffed during adventures are emptied. And honestly, I'm ok with it.

I wasn't for a long time, but now. Fuck it. Being a witch isn't about being fancy, despite the instagram hype.

Today's celebrations included a stroll through a mountain forest and admiring the resiliency and speed of its growth after a forest fire a few years ago. We splashed in the cold water at the foot of a waterfall. I plucked some tobacco horn worms off of the tomatoes in my garden that seem bound and determined to put me through the ringer this year; first with high humidity making them attempt to root 2 feet in the air, then with the black spots of early blight, now caterpillars.

I haven't pulled anything out for dinner yet, but I'm thinking some grilled chicken along with zucchini from the garden will suffice. We'll stay up late to enjoy the fullest of sunshiney days, leave some wine and shiny things out for the fae. I may or may not find my way into my sketchbook; more likely I'll find my way into my bed with a book.

However you choose to celebrate today, or not, Summer Blessings to you and yours. <3

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great solstice!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings of the season. Witches all be different and those that don't like that may step off. Having to be, do and have what "all the other kids" has never appealed to me. I'm not a rebel I'm me. Your solstice celebration is perfection, cuz you did it your way.

    ReplyDelete