Sunday, March 27, 2016

Gratitude*Sunday

Each Sunday I stop and count my blessings.

Taking time to honor the things I've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook. Feel free to join in. <3




This Week I am Grateful For:


* Not having guilt for all the take out and money spent, which helped save my sanity and patience while I was severely sleep deprived this week.
* Finding a deeper well of patience than I knew that I had.
* A very amazing and kind friend offering to come over and help me with Acorn for a few hours one evening so that I could get a few solid hours of uninterrupted sleep. Illness + Developmental Leap + Dad being gone = one sleepless toddler.
* Warm weather and a kiddo who was content to hang in the hammock with me for a bit.
* Re-reading Lord of the Rings and remembering SO MANY things that I had completely forgotten!
* All the new sounds that Acorn is making and words and signs that he's trying out.
* His first animal sound! He pointed at a crow in the sky the other day and said "caw! caw!" When I asked him, "what does a crow say?" He got this HUGE grin on his face and delightedly said "caw! caw!" again. A corvid lover after my own heart! I'm such a proud mommy! :)
* Reuniting with our favorite guy after a week apart!
* Kiddo's first real Easter festivities. We didn't do anything last year because he was too little to really participate in much. We did an egg hunt yesterday morning. I was a little nervous that he'd get knocked down, be overwhelmed, or not really get it, but he ran all over and delighted in throwing the eggs he found in to his basket. Later on, we went to see the Easter Bunny. And while he wasn't totally sure what to make of him, he willingly sat on dad's lap next to the bunny and petted his hand - so we took a family photo with him. :)
* The look of wonder, delight, and surprise when he spotted his "basket" on the kitchen table this morning! In lieu of a basket full of sugary candies, the bunny brought him a little plastic wagon with some garden tools, bubble stuff, sidewalk chalk, play doh and some sand molds to use with the play doh or his water table. He spent a lot of the day pulling the wagon around, and even put eggs in it when we did an indoor (due to rain) egg hunt after his nap. :)


1 comment:

  1. Garden tools is a very nice idea. The kids here love theirs, and are always eager to help mommy in the garden. :D

    ReplyDelete