Sunday, March 6, 2016

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm counting my blessings.

Taking time to honor the things I've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook. Feel free to join in. <3




This Week I Am Grateful For:

* Joe taking such good care of me when I was the sickest I've been in over a decade last weekend. The 72 hour flu was awful, but he made it less miserable.
* Redoing my kitchen chalkboard.
* Scheming some renovations for the house and a new garden.
* A much needed date night with my hubby. A good friend came over and knit and hung out after Acorn had gone to sleep so Joe and I could abscond to the local brewery for drinks, chatting each other up, and live music. We went out for burgers afterwards, where we made faces at the little boy in the booth next to us. He thought it was hilarious!


* Getting over the stomach bug that mopped the floor with Acorn and I last week. Somehow, despite being thrown up on by our son, Joe missed out on the bug train. Lucky man.
* Making time to art journal.
* Getting out of the house. Acorn and I went to toddler gymnastics class, a boat load of stores, and played outside as much as possible after being cooped up in the house sick.
* Some "aha" moments while finishing up SouLodge with Wolf. The beginnings of a serious contemplation about holding a women's circle, feeling out intentions and guiding values.
* All the cardinals, robins, and crows flittering about the backyard.
* My dudes eating a dinner that did NOT turn out as expected. That's the last time I trust a recipe that I have questions about.
* Getting some much needed yard work done.
* My sister sending me "a few" (a medium flat rate box full) of my great aunt's jewelry. She's one of my very favorite family members, but the saucy old pistol moved out of her home in to an assisted living facility, and when she did so she told my family to take what they wanted because she wasn't going to move it again. Looking through it made me smile, cry, and ask out loud "what the fuck was she thinking?" :)


* A little red wagon.
* Acorn's desire to help with all the things. If I open the laundry room doors, he runs over and says "dryer?" because putting the wet clothes in there is his favorite chore after feeding the dog. He has a mini set of garden tools, a mini broom, and his very own spray bottle of water to clean with. That last one is his favorite.
* Love, love, love.
* Sunshine in a hammock.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment