If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.
This Week I am Grateful For:
* Making time to work in my art journal.
* Venting heavy, but honest feelings to a small number of friends. Being witnessed and actually heard, versus just being told "it's ok" or having my back patted out of pity was more cathartic and helpful than I can say. These friends sharing their own stories of loneliness, longing for a tribe close at hand, womanhood, pregnancy and motherhood made me feel so much less alien and alone.
* Members of my Fearless painting tribe here in the South East hearing my frustrations and needs through my venting and pulling together to try to host a date to come circle with me here in my town. To meet up, paint, recharge and lift me up in the true spirit of sisterhood. Even if it doesn't happen due to scheduling, distance or other circumstances, just knowing these women who I've traversed this creative and emotional road with care enough to even consider doing this, means more to me than I can honestly put in to words. The closest I can come is it's magic. Pure fucking sisterly feminine magic. And it's amazing.
* Women sharing stories of strength and beauty rather than horror stories and worst case scenarios.
* Honest, no fluff or bullshit, conversations.
* The simple magics wrought through candles, incense, stones and oracles.
* My husband's never ending patience with me, my slower place and my horrid food aversions. Especially when I am so frustrated and hard on myself.
* Sleeping in until what felt like a completely decadent hour. 11 am! Haven't done that in forever!!
* Working some more on that king size quilt I started nearly a year ago. I know you've all forgotten about it, I almost did too!
* Finding a four leaf clover on a rainy day.
* FINALLY getting my seeds started. Indoors. It's still too chilly at night for direct planting of most things. :(
* Luna being especially well behaved and loveable lately! I know I don't talk about it much, but she's sometimes very grouchy. I take days when she is sweet as can be as blessings and to get an entire week with only a few half hearted grumbles as I bump her over when I get up to pee in the middle of the night? It's like a miracle!
* My baby shower here in SC today. I'll have photos up soon. But it was a wonderful day! The girl friends who I asked to plan it for me did a beyond amazing job getting everything taken care of and set up, and though we held it at my house, I wasn't allowed to lift a finger. There were fresh flowers, fancy garnishes in lemonade for me, thoughtful and fun gifts, hilarious games. But the best part, honestly, was the lack of drama and time spent with our friends just hanging out and shooting the shit on a beautiful day. It was coed, because I don't see why guys should be excluded, so it was less of a traditional "baby shower" and more of one big happy BBQ where Joe and I didn't have to work and got to open gifts. :)