Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:


* Catching up with quite a few friends that I haven't seen in a while! Went to one's new place for snacks and catching up, went to Starbucks with another for the same and grabbed Hibachi with another group for similar. ;)
* The beautiful weather we've been having! Evening walks are so much nicer when we don't have to get all bundled up.
* Daffodils blooming, tulips pushing their way up and the trees budding. Mixed with the fat rabbits and bright red robins in the yard, Spring and the return of my beloved bees is only a very short time away!
* Ice cream date with Joe and Luna. I love that the place near us sells doggie ice cream so she can partake in the fun with us. :)
* The beautiful shelving unit Joe has been working on for my work space/studio. It's a beast and I don't think I can complain about storage space again for a very, very long time!
* Learning how to spin on a drop spindle. I've been practicing for about 20 minutes a night and have gotten the hang of it pretty quickly. I've been working with wool and just a single yarn right now which I think is almost ready to be taken off the spindle; not sure yet if I'll leave it as a single or wind off and ply it with another single later. Decisions, decisions!
* Taking Joe to see Arlo Guthrie in concert as his Valentine's Day gift. It was a great show that we both really enjoyed. Makes me miss the days when more people were story tellers and makes me sad that my own love and knack for story telling died off countless years ago.
* Waking up bathed in moonbeams early Saturday morning. That's not a metaphor; I woke up and the moon was shining bright through a gap in my bedroom curtain, covering my face and upper torso in light. It felt so very blissful.



To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday


1 comment:

  1. Here's the thing; I don't have much to be grateful for lately - but I visit your blog and read your posts regularly. I just wanted you to know :)

    ReplyDelete