Thursday, January 16, 2014

Painting the Feminine - Shadow Dancing


Don't mind my fingers there, this one is a photo rather than a scan of my journal page.


As someone who has lived with and conquered depression throughout my life, I'm no stranger to the darkness. I'm not afraid to walk in to the shadows, to seek the dark places to seek out answers or heal. I'm as comfortable there as I am in the light, dancing between both worlds without getting trapped in either one.

To claim and face your shadow is challenging; it takes courage and faith that you will come out of the other side stronger than you were when you went in. It takes wisdom to traverse the dark landscape without becoming lost, to find that which you seek without losing hope. It takes strength and compassion for yourself and sometimes others, to overcome the things lurking there, waiting to pounce on you.

It takes faith in the balance of light and dark to know, deep down in your guts, that the shadow is a part of us all and that it is natural and healthy to travel and sometimes even find comfort within it's inky cloak. Following the cycles of dark to light is a trait of the Divine Feminine, as demonstrated by Mother Moon - who repeats this cycle each month.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes again. I especially like this page, but I'm loving all of your Painting the Feminine artwork. It's a treat to stop by and see what you've made every few days. ^_^

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete