Sunday, January 26, 2014

Gratitude*Sunday

I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week. A quiet, weekly practice of appreciation and positivity. A time to breath and reflect. A small step towards a more simplistic and appreciative outlook.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.


This Week I am Grateful For:


* Noticing the giant swirling mass of crows over my backyard the other morning and running outside to watch them as they swooped overhead. When they landed in the tree line, I ran inside to grab my camera and got a few snaps of them before the 30 or so beauties who had congregated took off after some sparrows. I'll share those photos this week some time.
* Patience. Because gods know you need a lot of it to deal with me and my raging hormones right now. Holy hell.
* Brand new paint brushes gifted to me by my love. :)
* Plotting one last pre-baby vacation with my two bestest girlfriends.
* Very warm fires on very cold nights.
* Gesso.
* Fresh brewed iced coffee. Mmm Mmm Mmm.
* Working on renovating more areas of the house, starting with new storage in the living room and then hopefully an awesome new desk with shelving in my studio so I can get the chaos that is my artsy/craftsy life organized.
* Finding some awesome, super comfy peasant shirts that will work great as regular and maternity clothing! I HATE single function items, so I try to avoid buying them and maternity shirts are SO ridiculously expensive!
* Talking about the bean and how we'd like to take the simple, holistic approach to things; with cloth diapers and other reusables but especially when it comes to toys and playing. Imagination and creativity are both very, very important to both of us (it's why we don't butt heads and understand each others need to work on things and spend time in our work spaces) as is being out in nature and understanding the outside world. It's wonderful to have a partner who supports and agrees with these sorts of things and doesn't want to shove technology in our child's hands rather than teaching them the value of make believe and playing outdoors. Melts my heart a little bit... honestly.
* The daffodils are pushing their way out of the ground already. Soon we'll have beautiful flowers and warmer weather.
* Getting back in to the full swing of my daily oracle card pulls and small rituals.

To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.

Gratitude Sunday

5 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to read you're going "old school" with the baby. I would be glad to gift you some hand made diapers. I adore them. Shelley and GK had leopard ones......and pink polka dot ones.....too damn cute. RyLeigh had blue with yellow ducks and space ships. Let me know and I'll find something......neutral to begin with. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloth diapers are great. We used bumgenius for our youngest and they were just great, easy to clean and lots of funky colours too.

    San

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are both on the same page with the little one. It is truly a blessing to have someone that understands what is important to you. Especially in parenting. Yay for new paintbrushes! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to be forging the same path together as you become parents, long may it continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the words you chose!
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete