If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.
This Week I am Grateful For:
* Watching the swifts come home to my chimney! I love watching them dart around over the patio before swooping up and diving down to their home inside my home, where they sing songs to me in to the night. Soon they'll be moving out for the Winter and if we get an insert for the fireplace this winter so we can get more heat from fewer logs, these could be the last evenings I spend with the little beauties.
* Fireflies twinkling out over the vast field that is our backyard.
* Hosting a successful and super fun brunch at my house with a few friends! Mimosas and loaded grits (with toppings picked from the garden) for everyone!
* Our first fire of the season, which happened this afternoon. Given it was started more to clear out the brush to get the fire pit ready for regular use again, but it still counts.
* The orange tinge to the September's sunlight in the early morning and evenings.
* Getting together with a friend from New Jersey to play Magic the Gathering like old times!
* Good belly laughs.
* Reconciling with a friend. It's amazing how much burden is released when you can forgive someone.
* The amount of butterflies and beautiful moths I've seen lately. I heard someplace that a larger amount of butterflies is a sign that the coming Winter will be colder than average. I sure hope that's true, because we could use a real Winter in the land of never ending heat!
* Laying on Joe's lap while he watches TV and dozing off for an afternoon nap.
* Finishing Harry Potter for the umpteenth time. I love my Summer reading ritual.
* The wild Morning Glory that's taken over half of my vegetable garden. I can't be angry about something so beautiful.
To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.