If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.
This Week, I am Grateful For:
* Autumn's arrival! I've never been much of a Summer girl, unless there's an ocean involved. Autumn is my absolute favorite season, environmentally, holiday-wise, emotionally and spiritually. It's a time of renewal, of introspection and dying back, of resting and paving the way for even bigger and better things. And, it's filled with crunchy leaves, cool nights, hot cocoa, fires and... pumpkins!
* My hubster! I say this almost every week, but it's true. My life would suck without him in it. He supports me, appreciates me, laughs with me, holds my hair back when I've had a few pints too many, encourages me to try new things and to chase my dreams. He takes me on vacations to fabulous tropical beaches... which leads me to...
* My passport finally came in and we booked a getaway to Jamaica to celebrate our 5 year marriage-versary! We leave NEXT FRIDAY! I am pee in my pants excited about it, because a) I LOVE the ocean and beaches! b) I've never left the country before - Hello Adventure! c) I get to lounge around on a tropical beach with all inclusive food/beverage/activities with a super sexy bearded dude. :D
* Sitting in the grass on comfortable afternoons with Luna Petunia.
* Warm apple pie and venison chili. Our Mabon feast.
* Ladies night out! I have quite a few girlfriends down here who I love immensely, we just suck at making plans. Always saying "we need to get together more" and then being a bunch of slack-asses. But when we DO manage to get it together and see each other, it's always so much fun! We went to the Cigar Lounge on Friday to celebrate one of my girl friend's birthdays and spent the night drinking whisky sours, dirty martinis, trying our very first cigars - flavored. We aren't that adventurous and cracking ourselves up with tales of exes, currents, babies, dogs and friends. You know, girl stuff. ;)
* Spotting two tiny frog princes hanging around on our front door while it was raining Saturday night. I've seen photos and heard about tiny frogs doing this, but never had any of my own visitors before. I was SO excited! Cuties. :)
* Geekery. That I am a geek, am friends with geeks and have come to terms with the fact that I collect geeky things. Good thing too, because I pulled one of the best blind box pulls I've ever had this weekend and earned myself a teeny tiny vinyl David Tennant as the 10th Doctor Who.
* Simple things:
Organizing my paper stash.
Crisp cold Magic Hat seasonal pints.
Walking through the woods on Mabon.
Picking the peppers I needed for our chili from my garden.
Cuddling the hubster on a Sunday morning because he had managed to sleep in and was still in bed when my lazy ass woke up.
My best friend acting more like himself again.
Messages from friends to just tell me they love me.
Fun gaming nights. We're playing "Call of Cthulhu" right now with our role playing group. (Told you, geek)
Nods from the Universe.
To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Week, lovelies.