Monday, March 25, 2013

Gratitude*Monday

I'm running a wee bit behind for this week's Gratitude*Sunday with Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and the other lovely bloggers who join in. But, I was on vacation and try very hard not to be addicted to the internet while the lovely and I are spending quality time together. Instagram is the exception of course, I love that nonsense. ;-)

So, Gratitude*Monday it is! And, who couldn't use a little gratitude on a Monday?


This Week I'm Grateful For:

* Having the balls to write a letter to a friend and deliver an ultimatum that's about 2 months overdue. When it comes to people I love, I'm typically a wet blanket. In this instance though, things needed to be said and I needed closure. And I'll get it even if I never hear anything back because I'm terribly clever when it comes to the wording of certain things.

* This was spurred on by my little bit of Brave earlier in the week. That cactus from my past and I have not spoken since, but I've left the ball in his court and if he wants to catch up I'm more than willing. If not, I've at least said my piece about why I left our friendship in shambles three years ago (straight up cowardice and low self esteem) and have, it seems, been forgiven. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm hoping we'll eventually rekindle some form of friendship, but again, knowing he's fine, he's forgiven me and getting closure will help that aching wound to heal even if I do always have a twinge of regret.

* That I have much better self esteem than I did 3 years ago.

* A quick trip to the Tennessee Mountains to see Gatlinburg! So much moonshining, attraction visiting and shopping in just two days... I feel like we did a week's worth of stuff! As always, I'm pleased as pie to have been able to hit up the local aquarium and sit and watch the sharks for an absurd amount of time. While nearly every aquarium has the same species of shark (sandtiger, nurse, dogfish and sawtooth) I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching them.

* Luna being such a good girl on her first vacation and hotel stay! We were able to leave her alone in the room to visit some of the attractions and she was so quiet the hotel staff had no idea she was even there! When we checked out, they complimented me on having such a good baby. Which is of course, esay to say when you don't live with her! ;)


Look at that regal beagle!

* My last day at the bank!! No more irate customers, crappy schedules or sweater vests!

* Nights out with my lady friends! When I moved down here, I didn't expect to make many friends because, well I'm a bit odd. And I certainly didn't expect to have such a great group of girl friends since I typically have an easier time making friend with guys. Much to my surprise and delight, I have several! And they're all fantastically open minded and supportive, which is amazingly refreshing.

* A dude who loves me unconditionally and wants nothing more than to make me happy. Really. I am so fucking lucky it's not even funny. Weekend getaway? Potato Pancakes? Need a huge hug because I'm crying for no reason? Have a crazy idea for furniture pieces that will take 3 weeks to build? Want to take over half of the living room to paint despite having a studio? Want to drink too many mudslides? Go in to awkward stores? That's all cool with him. And since I'm a moosh (and maybe had a few too many mudslides...) I'm repeating again; I'm lucky as shit!

* Didn't get any of my plants in to the ground as early as I'd have liked... but it's been freezing, so it works out! Who'd have thunk it?

* Painting! I am in the zone right now and hope it keeps up. I spent between 12 - 15 hours on assorted projects this week; just for me. Sorry loves!


* My Chemical Romance's "The Life and Time of the Fabulous Killjoys" album. I've been listening to it nonstop.


* Lastly, Mudslides. Made with some souvenir Chocolate Whiskey from Gatlinburg, Butterscotch Shine from right here in G'ville, Shine infused with coffee in my own kitchen (don't worry, we bought the legal corn shine and just infused it with coffee. Nothing illegal in my kitchen!) and Bailey's creamer. Yum! Cheers, Monday!


P.S.

Also, this song. Which has been stuck in my head for days. I'll admit it. I love Snow Patrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment