Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gratitude*Sunday

'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and several other lovely bloggers in honoring the things for which we've been grateful for throughout the week.

If you would like to join us, just click the image at the bottom of this post.




This week I am Grateful for:

* Despite the gray skies and dreariness of the beginning of the week, I'm grateful we got the rain we so needed and none of the ice that was forecasted.

* That my budding new art endeavor and blog Heartroot Studio has been warmly received in its first week. It gives me warm fuzzies to know that folks enjoy seeing and reading about something so important to me.

* Goofing around with friends and laughing with the best friend.

* Coffee, that delicious nectar of the Gods. Without which, I'd be a grumpy pants.

* Our beautiful home, even with seemingly small projects snowballing in to big ones. I'm grateful that we opened up the wood around our kitchen window (we thought just the outer part of the trim had rotted) and discovered the use of untreated wood that had rotted straight through to the inside before it began to effect the siding or other wood.

* That Joe is so handy he can fix these things himself, saving us time, money and aggravation!

* The kindness of the Goddess of Discord who took my shift yesterday morning when I was laid out with a migraine. Proof that compassion and being nice does come back in kind.

* The hubs being such a super guy that he ran out first thing to get me comfort foods and aleve for my pounding head. I didn't even ask! Also for keeping the well meaning fur babies out of the bed so I could sleep uninterrupted until it had passed.


* Ending last night on a perfect note, snuggled up on the couch with a cozy fire watching The Muppets.

* Joe getting a new to us truck for an incredibly reasonable price from a friend. Now we can do so many more projects for the home and garden much more easily that we can with my tiny car!

* Sitting down with my art journal and making a grand old mess.

* The warm sun in the middle of January, even if this Northern Girl finds this to be odd winter weather.

* Luna's behavior issues seem to be calming down. Less growling, guarding and general bitchiness. There's hope for peaceful cohabitation yet!

* Talking to my dad on the phone for a bit and having a wonderful conversation.

* Extra shiny stars on an extra clear, dark night.

* Bird songs filling up the backyard.

To join in Gratitude Sunday, click on the image below! Happy Sunday, lovelies.


Gratitude Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment