Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy October!

I'm a day late, but so far I've completed two seasonal activities for The Domestic Witch's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Party!

I was suffering from a migraine yesterday, but I didn't let that keep me from stopping at the roadside garden market on my way home for some gourds, tiny pumpkins and a mum for my home.

For the first day of October, I got my kitchen table ready for the season.







I was going to decorate my altar last night, but my head had other thoughts and I went to bed shortly after snapping those photos.

So today's activity was getting my altar ready for Samhain. I switched out my altar cloth from tan and brown harvest flowers to a blue, grey and gold one with pumpkins. I also changed out my cauldron - the small blue ceramic one I normally use is in the kitchen and has been replaced with a newly consecrated cast iron one. I also hung a shelf on the wall above the altar table to use for my god and goddess representations, right now a shell and a cow horn. I'm hoping to craft a goddess figure of Cerridwyn before the season is out.






I have some great events that I'll be going to this weekend that are radically different from each other. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain!

6 comments:

  1. your decorations are beautiful and I love your alter.

    Happy October to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so very lovely.

    Happy October blog party!

    Have a beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mums in Autumn colors! Your altar is lovely! Can you tell us about the events or are they a secret? Inquiring minds want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so perfect! Great job.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rue, the events are a Zombie Walk at the Jersey Shore and the other is an Apple festival in Warwick, NY. :)

    So today I'll be covering myself and my husband in fake blood and stumbling around the boardwalk with a whole bunch of other folks and tomorrow I'll be back to the world of the living, celebrating Autumn at a large festival in a quaint town. See, radically different. Lol!

    ReplyDelete