Monday, August 22, 2016

Review: Inkspirations by Lorrie Bennett


Inkspirations by Lorrie Bennett


Inkspirations is a beautiful new adult coloring book by illustrator Lorrie Bennett, and when I was first offered the opportunity to review a coloring book for TLC Book Tours, I responded with an extremely enthusiastic "yes!" I love coloring books and have a healthy stack of them on my bookshelf and my nightstand.

I can tell you that the illustrations in this book are beautifully rendered and highly detailed, and that the first few pages of the book are filled with full color examples to spark your creativity, as well as some information about color families and theories.

However, Inkspirations is a Christian coloring book, which I hadn't realized until it arrived on my doorstep. Whoops! My being not a Christian, I thought I might not be the best person to review it, so I passed it along to a friend who is a Christian annnd enjoys coloring as much as I do and got her opinion on it, which I'll share below:


I'm a sucker for all things elephants, so I *had* to share a snap of this amazing illustration!


"This coloring book is gorgeous!! The artwork pairs perfectly with the scripture, and the details are wonderful! I can't wait to use it for myself, but also to help connect with my family and our faith in a such a creative and fun way. Thank you so much for thinking of me and for passing this book along to us, we're sure to enjoy every last bit of it!"

Thank you to Lisa at TLC Book Tours and the publisher for the review copy of this book! To see what my fellow tour hosts though, please click here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found someone who would enjoy this! Thanks for being a part of the tour, and for passing the book along.

    ReplyDelete