Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Book Review: Incarnation by Laura Davis Hays


Incarnation by Laura Davis Hays


From the publisher:
Kelsey Depuis, Santa Fe scientist, and Iriel, betrothed on Atlantis to a man she cannot love―two young women bound by a single soul.

In Kelsey’s everyday world, three men shape her life: Myron Crouch, the boss of BioVenture Enterprises; Harrison Stillman, a brilliant colleague of hers there; and Stan Dresser, who twists her feelings with his kisses and lies.

But gradually, growingly, Iriel is shaping her life too. Through dreams and visions, she draws Kelsey into the ancient realm where refusal to marry Gewil has driven her to daring flight with fantastic creatures across a strange and terrible land.

As Kelsey joins other BioVenture researchers testing a new organism on a remote Caribbean island, turmoil and violence darken her fate―and Iriel’s presence grows stronger. Worlds shift and merge, danger grows. Past and present, vengeance and love swirl together as the seas rise up, the seas that once swallowed Atlantis.

Tested in life-or-death struggle, Kelsey must face an ordeal she can survive only through great courage and deep karmic understanding.


My Thoughts:

Laura Davis Hay's Incarnation is an intricate tale of souls bound together by love and karma, through centuries and the rise and fall of civilizations. A love story, a psychological thriller, and a mystery all reside in its well crafted pages - it's as complex as the sea that it keeps swirling back to.

The gist of the story is pretty well covered in the publisher's blurb, and to write more about it would probably spoil it.

I'll wholeheartedly admit that at first I had a hard time getting in to the characters - thinking to myself there really wasn't anything new here. But I stuck with it and about halfway through I found myself intrigued. By the last 1/3 of the book, I had a hard time putting it down and I kept telling myself "one more chapter" until I had finished and it was well past my usual bedtime. The mingling of the scientific and the spiritual was a brilliant way to shine a light on how to navigate the chaos of life (or lives) with both reason and an open heart. It needn't be one or the other.

To Find Laura and Incarnation on the web visit:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Incarnation-Laura-Davis-Hays/dp/1938288440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429812354&sr=8-1&keywords=Incarnation+Hays

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27135323-incarnation?from_search=true&search_version=service

Author's website: http://www.lauradavishays.com


"

To visit my fellow tour hosts and see what others had to say about this novel, click the image above.

Thank you to Lisa at TLC Book Tours and the publisher for the review copy of this novel.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I'm always pleased that readers stick with me through the complexity. I appreciate your comment about reason and heart. It's important to me to live through both.
    Laura Hays

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.