The first lovely to give me the award is a certain wonderful witchy woman in college, Willow Silverhorse over at A College Witch's Experiences. If you haven't had the pleasure of reading her blog, you should give it a peak. Not only does she write frankly about her personal experiences, she's recently started to help bolster the spirit of others with Self Empowering Mondays.
The second lovely to pass this award on to me is a woman who seems to always know exactly what to say and do no matter what life throws her way and approaches everything from the bright and cheery to the dark and ugly with a seemingly endless fount of love and humor. She has made me feel loved and welcome in any circle we've found each other in, has given me encouragement and courage during my big move and when I lost a beloved puppy and she's one of my favorite olde baggs, Linda (in New Mexico) from Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts. If you're ever in need of some sage advice, a bit of humor, or want to be jealous of the two luckiest grandkids in the world, stop by and say hi.
Onto the award!
~Here are the Sunshine Award Guidelines~
1) Please thank the person who gave the award to you.
2) Copy the award and place it in your blog.
3) Link back to the person who nominated you.
4) Name 6 things that no one would really know, about yourself.
5) Nominate your Sunshine Award bloggers and post links to their blogs.
6) Leave a comment on each of those blogs letting them know you have nominated them for the Sunshine award.
1) When I was young I fancied myself to be one of the fae. I swore up and down that I was certainly an elf and my ears just hadn't pointed yet. 20 years later, I still sometimes wonder when my ears will give in and go pointy.
2) Aside from being a witch, an artist, a bookworm and an explorer I'm an avid video gamer. I grew up on Nintendo and Genesis and my favourite games are still inevitably RPGs and Adventures. I don't enjoy first person shooters, unless they involve zombies.
3) Until about 3 years ago the only medium I worked with was pencil and charcoal.
4) My taste in music is vast and varied, but I work best when listening to 90's rock or metal. Despite liking everything from 70's punk to classical, I just can't get into new age music.
5) When I was growing up I wanted to be a paleontologist and then a graphic designer. Now I don't have a set in stone career path and am taking it one day at a time. I love it.
6) I'm prone to moodiness and depression and the one sure way to pull myself out of it is to sit near a body of water. Be it a lake, river or ocean, water soothes the cranky soul.
These folks always seem to give me something to smile about:
Alyssa at Anathemum
Dolphyngyrl at The Verbosery
Jenna at Living SoGaNoFla
Lyon at The Wandering Hearth
Nydia at Bringing up Salamanders